What is a face serum
Serum (serum) is a cosmetic product in which active ingredients are presented in high concentration. That is, the active ingredients are the same as in creams, but their specific gravity is many times greater. The formula of the serum is such that it is almost instantly absorbed and shows the result faster than the cream. Sometimes, instantly.
The active ingredients are up to 70% Bonus terms and conditions apply serum, while in their creams 10-12%, the rest is the base and structure-forming ingredients: emulsifiers, emollients (softeners), thickeners, film formers.
Types of face serums
Serums can fulfill a specific mission or a whole range of rejuvenating obligations, such as:
- lightening age spots;
- stimulation of collagen and elastin production;
- restoration of water-lipid balance.
And all this in one bottle.
Here are its main ingredients:
- antioxidants – enzymes, polyphenols, minerals;
- vitamins C, E, group B, Retinol;
- hydrofixators – hyaluronic acid, glycerin;
- acids AHA, BHA, which provide peeling;
- ceramides that restore the water-lipid balance and protective properties of the skin;
- peptides that stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
How to apply the serum
Any serum is applied:
- 1-2 times a day, in small quantities – 4-5 drops;
- only on cleansed and toned skin – it is desirable that it be moist, this will enhance the effect of the serum.
Features of the tool
- Usually, serum, unlike cream, does not create an occlusive film on the skin, therefore, it requires subsequent application of the cream. If it provides “sealing”, manufacturers recommend using it as an independent tool.
- The great advantage of serum is that it acts as a catalyst for the effectiveness of creams. By supplementing the care with a serum, you will increase the intensity of other products and, accordingly, notice the result earlier.
- Some serums prepare the skin for cosmetic procedures, prolong their effect, and speed up the rehabilitation process.
- Serums work well in pairs – for example, antioxidant and moisturizing.